Last autumn the Diapalante Community Education Centre asked its teenage members to volunteer as young leaders, leading after-school learning activities for primary school children.
We hope by the end of the school year:
- to have helped 90 primary school children to improve their French skills so they can understand their school lessons better.
- to have a group of young leaders who will
- continue to support Diapalante’s work with the younger children.
- have gained confidence and leadership skills which will help them to succeed in the world of work and as citizens in a “Sénégal Emergent”.
- to be ready to repeat the programme at the Centre in coming years.
On behalf of the trustees I would like to encourage and thank all those involved in this ongoing project, the young leaders and children obviously, but also the adults volunteers whose energy drives the project, who supervise the sessions and train the young leaders and the volunteers who have gathered and created all the learning materials being used. Also those individuals and organisations who help to fund these sessions including the Farthing Trust and Just Trust who contribute regularly to Diapalante’s ongoing overheads and the British and Foreign Schools Society who have helped to fund this project.